February 7, 2011

Addicted to...Apricots??

It's obsession week or month or really however long it takes me to write about all of my obsessions of which there are many on Amanda's Blog or should I celebri-tize it and call it Amandog? Or I could go with AKB for Amanda Kay's Blog which does sound a bit nicer than Amandog, but whatever, the point is I'm going to continue to regale you with my obsessions until I either A: run out or B: become bored with it. If I was voting I would go with bored because I have a LOT of obsessions. It must be the OCD in me.

Once upon a time, many a year ago, I went down to the Wal-mart and bought myself a bottle of St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub. Ok, ok I'm sure my mom bought it for me, but does that really matter in the grand scheme of things? I'm sure I was with her and picked it out so she can't be blamed for what happened next... which is that I became an addict. To apricots. Or apricot scrub, that is. Personally, I think apricots are nasty and I would never eat one even if it were the last morsel of food on Earth and it was the only thing standing between me and death. I feel the same about lettuce, but that's a story for another day. So, anyway, I'm addicted to Apricot Scrub. I can't even begin to tell you how many bottles of the stuff I have bought over the years. Here's a nice little picture in case you don't know what I'm talking about.


Notice the Glamour award. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the stuff is FABULOUS!

I use this little bit of delciousness every morning before I wash my face. Something makes me think if my dermatologist knew I used this stuff he would slap me, but I don't tell him, and what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

This is why I believe I'm an addict...any time I somehow skip the step in my showering process (yes, I have a showering process, but that's also a story for another day) where I use the Apricot Scrub to oh so vigorously exfoliate my skin, my whole day is ruined. RUINED!! My face feels dirty and wrong which makes me feel dirty and wrong which makes my day feel dirty and wrong. I have to have my face scrubbed daily without fail or I just can't stand it! Now, I'm not suggesting this sweet little bottle of facial scrub contains drugs or anything...ok, who am I kidding? That's exactly what I'm suggesting! Why else would I feel like I might die without using it for even one day??? There must be something in there making me crave it almost more than I crave cheese or chocolate or any food for that matter! It's like Carmex. I always heard stories about how there are microscopic pieces of glass in Carmex which keep lips in a perpetual state of chapped agony so that you'll just keep on using the Carmex over and over and over without ever realizing it's the Carmex causing the problem. I don't know if that story is true or not and I've never been a fan of Carmex so I don't have any first hand experience, but I can tell you this, in my personal, professional opinion there must be something addictive up in that Apricot Scrub to make my sweet little face need it so much. It couldn't possibly be my un-diagnosed case of obsessive compulsive disorder. No way...it must be drugs.


1 comment:

  1. that's the stuff we use, too!! I love it! Once we got the off brand, it SUCKED!

    ReplyDelete