June 25, 2012
Today is my 30th birthday. Happy Birthday ME!
Here’s how I feel about it:
1. I feel the same today as I did yesterday.
2. However, I feel different today than I did one year ago, but not so different that I can really tell.
3. Did that make sense?
4. My co-workers gave me a super cute card, fresh fruit, and sang happy birthday to my old soul.
5. Actually, they sang happy birthday to me twice. Once last week and once today. I feel so special!
6. Turning 30 is a big deal.
7. I think.
8. I’m waiting for something drastic to happen.
9. Like a droopy chin.
10. Or a saggy butt.
11. So far, I’m safe.
12. My Boy Toy (am I allowed to call him that? My magic 8 ball says “signs point to yes”) is taking me to dinner tonight. Texas Roadhouse. Steak = A Happy Birthday Girl.
13. I wonder if there are rules for being 30?
14. If so, I bet I’ve been breaking them.
15. A lot of people seem to make a “Do before I’m this “age” list,” but I didn’t do that.
16. My only goal was to buy a house and I did that aaaaaages ago.
17. Apparently, according to the entire rest of the world, I should be married and have some kids.
18. Well, I’m not and I don’t.
19. I do have a Boy Toy, though, as we established in item #12.
20. I also have furry children which totally counts, in my personal professional opinion.
21. Are my knees going to start knocking together?
22. Is my hair going to turn completely gray overnight?
23. Am I going to start wearing high waist-ed pants?
24. Will all of my jeans magically shrink up in the leg about 5 inches?
25. Am I going to wake up to giant craters and canyons in my cheeks?
26. Am I going to get the mail from across the street with no bra on?
27. Wait! I totally already do that last one!
28. Was that TMI?
29. I’m sorry.
30.Crazy girl in the house.
30 is grand! It’s totally the new 20! I’m so young and care-free! I think I’ll go take a nap.