October 22, 2011

Avoiding Panic

I have so much to do I don’t know where to begin. I’m talking a million times a trillion things to do.


The end of my final semester of college is coming to a close and I can feel the weight of it on my shoulders like that giant ACME weight from the Looney Toons.


So, in an effort to avoid panic over the projects I have yet to start and the huge test I have next Friday I’m sitting here typing a post at midnight.


Oh, and I’ve been looking at some pictures of flowers I took over the last week.


DSC_0008 copya

Can you believe this gorgeous Confederate Rose Hibiscus bloomed one week ago? In October? Is that not just crazy? This isn’t Hawaii for goodness sake! This is Oklahoma, but you know what? Just a few days after this beautiful debutante made her debut on a bright and sunny 80 degree day the temperature dropped in to the mid 30s. Ridiculous I tell you. Ridiculous.




DSC_0032 copy

These are mums so it’s not unusual for them to be blooming like crazy in October, but seriously? how gorgeous is that bright orange?




Flowers have such a calming effect. I’m already feeling ever so much more relaxed and less panicky from these two photos. I might have to look at them a million times a trillion times this weekend, but I think I’ll make it.


I’m going to get my projects done. I’m going to graduate. And that ACME weight? It can go back to falling on the Road Runner.




Happy weekend, all!












Me

No comments:

Post a Comment