April 26, 2011

MOH Chronicles: Part 1

Always a bridesmaid and never a bride? More like always the flower girl and never the bridesmaid for this girl! Ha! I've been a flower girl four different times (a super cute one!), but this will be my first stint as a bridesmaid, AND I'm Maid of Honor, to boot!

Who's getting married? One of my nearest and dearest friends, Jesse. The wedding plans have been underway for a while now, but I've only recently begun any preparation and planning on my part. I know, I know...I should be more involved, but we live one thousand, two hundred seventy three miles apart. More than a hop, skip, and a jump for sure, so it makes it hard for me to be involved more than just phone calls here and there.

But, before you tell me I'm the worst MOH ever, I am making her veil so that should totally earn me some MOH brownie points. :-)

Never having been a bridesmaid before I don't really know exactly what I'm supposed to do or if there is some specific order I should do things in so I've basically been flying by the seat of my pants. Not something I do easily. Being overly strange with obsessive tendencies will do that to a person. Plus, since I've been doing Weight Watchers to get rid of this extra person I'm carrying around on my hips, thighs, and butt I didn't want to start dress shopping too early.

Anyway, this is what I've accomplished so far:

1. Purchase various items for veil making
2. Purchase bride gift (no, Jesse, I will not tell you what it is!)
3. Lose 24 pounds!!! Go me!!!
4. Buy my dress
5. Nothing yet, but I think having a 5 on my list makes me look like I've been busy

I feel like I've really made headway now that the dress is ordered, and let me tell you, those chicks at David's Bridal sure thought I was a crazy for ordering my dress in April for a July wedding. I say it fits right in with my need to procrastinate. How does someone who is overly strange with obsessive tendencies deal with procrastination? Very well. Very well, indeed.

Without further ado, here's the dress.


I would like to say those are my legs, but I would be lying... The dress on the left is what I'll be wearing and the sash and peek-a-boo skirt from the dress on the right will be paired with it.

I'm thinking I could rock this bridesmaid bit and start a business. Bridesmaids For Hire. I would totally call them.

And now, I will entertain all of you with my favorite Jesse pictures. She's a hoot and a holler, and even though she's totally turning into a Yankee she'll always be a good ol' Southern girl in my eyes.




This is my favoritest picture of us ever. (Jesse is on the right)




And this is my secondest favoritest picture of us ever... Don't you just love Jesse's sunglasses? I tried them on, but they just made me look like a freaky bug. I can't wear hats without looking like some kind of freaky square headed weirdo either. It's a curse. It truly is.


My third favoritest picture of us is up there at the top with my profile info. Check it out.




This is a typical Jesse face. I told you she's a hoot and a holler!




Oh, Jesse, how you make me laugh. :-D




Have you ever seen anyone this happy to be in Pennsylvania? Jesse is ALWAYS this happy!




I love, love, love this picture, and not just because I took it and it turned out ok, but also because it's just beautiful. The scenery is beautiful (Niagara Falls) and Jesse is beautiful. Love it!


And last, but not least, my most favoritest picture of Jesse of all time, and I took it too!




The glasses really make it, don't you think?


Part 2 will be headed to a theater near you. Or a web page. Whatever. It's coming. That's what matters. As soon as I get my rear in gear, that is.




1 comment:

  1. oh you are the BEST MOH ever! You crack me up & I love that me looking my best AND worst are your favorite pictures! ha ha ha, would it be selfish of me to say this is your best post ever?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete