December 17, 2010

Meet Jane

Mar 25, 2009

So, I'm sitting here in my living room procrastinating as usual, and I asked myself what I could do that would be a better use of my time than writing my English paper that is due tomorrow! What?! I know! It's terrible...I'm sure I'll regret not starting it sooner when I get my grade, but I just can't get motivated...so here I am writing, a blog no less, instead of my paper which is supposed to be over white privilege. What was I thinking when I picked that as a topic? I'll tell you what I was thinking...I was thinking...why would I write about college drinking when I can write about racism? No brainer, right? Oh, geez, I'm seriously going to lose my mind before this night is over. FYI, I fear I am comma happy, so you'll just have to deal if you are actually reading this. Anywho, I am completely off topic! I'm supposed to be telling you what I could be doing that is a better use of my time than doing my homework...well, my best friend in all the land has been bugging, harassing, and annoying the crap out of me to start writing. For whatever reason that is only known to her she thinks people would actually enjoy reading what I have to say! So, here I am, considering writing a little something in a blog for your reading pleasure which I feel is a much better use of my time than furthering my education. *Gasp*

Let's begin, shall we? I've been toying around with some ideas for what I should write. Should I just write about my life and all the strangeness that happens in it everyday or should I actually take a stab at some fiction action and build a character, and let's be honest, we all know this fictional character will be me in disguise with a different name! I may have a vivid imagination, but I seriously doubt I could dream up an entire person and tell their life story...except that I have already dreamed up the perfect man who doesn't exist so maybe I could invent a woman. Oh well, whatever, the point is I've been throwing around this idea and that idea and I just can't decide. I do, however, have a name for my fictional female. I shall call her Jane and her story shall be called The Jane Chronicles, but unfortunately that is as far as I've gotten. Sad, I know. And here you all thought you were going to get to read something really good! Haha! Seriously, though, have you ever tried to write a story? This is hard work! Just thinking about it makes my brain hurt a little. Should Jane be young or old, skinny or fat, dumb or smart, blonde or brunette? Should she be lucky in love or money? I don't know! See what I mean? There are just too many choices! This is why Jane will most likely be some sort of depiction of myself, but even then I don't know where to start. Should I start with the present and have flashbacks or should I start in the past and work my way forward? This is rough guys, really rough! So, I hope that when I do finally put The Jane Chronicles into motion that you will not be disappointed, and in the meantime I hope you enjoyed reading about my procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment