March 17, 2011

Erin Go Bragh!


Happy St. Patrick's Day to all and to all a good night! Oh wait...it's still the afternoon? Am I that drunk already?!?!

I jest, I jest! How do you like my green? I think I'm safe from any pinchers. Ha!

I absolutely love St. Patrick's Day. It's such a happy day. The sun is shining. People are all decked out in green. Other people aren't and are now howling from the pinches. It's just fabulous! Plus, there's green beer...which I don't really drink, but hey, it looks festive!

I was just sitting here remembering March 17th's of the past and I thought of the first time I heard someone say "Erin Go Bragh!" I think it was my dad, but here's the deal...I heard it like this, "Air and go bra." Yes, that's right, I said bra. As in brassiere. As in over the shoulder boulder holder. As in...yeah, I got nothing. I actually thought women or men for that matter went to stores and purchased bras that could be aired up while on the go. Hey, it beats paying for breast implants!



According to Wikipedia Erin Go Bragh translates to "Ireland Forever" which suits me just fine since I want to go there so, so, so, so badly. Have I even told you the story of how I want to visit Ireland? Hmmm, I can't remember, but I'll check back through the archives and if it's not there I'll be sure to tell it soon. :)

As for tonight, I think I'll pass on the green beer, but I am going to treat myself to a Shamrock Shake and not the fatty one from Mickey D's either. The one I'm having comes straight from the Hungry Girl herself and it's a much healthier version. AND the Hungry Girl is...are you ready for this? Weight Watcher's endorsed!!! Yay!


My mouth is already watering with excitement!

Slainte!


No comments:

Post a Comment