May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Today I'm remembering this man.



He's my Grandpa. We lost him in 2008, but I remember him every day. My whole life I knew he had been in the Navy, but to this day I still don't know what he did or where he went or what his rank was because to me, he was my Grandpa and that's a pretty important job.

Even though I don't know the details, I'm still glad that my Grandpa chose to serve his country. I have nothing but appreciation and respect for any man or woman who has chosen or chooses to do the same. It takes great strength and courage to put your life on the line for the protection and safety of others and I thank you all.

Happy Memorial Day.


1 comment:

  1. Such a great Grandaughter & American, you are! He looks just like your mama in his eyes.

    ReplyDelete