May 25, 2011

Tornado Alley

I've lived in Tornado Alley my entire life. I've taken cover from impending tornadoes only twice. The first time was last year during tornado season and the second time was last night. I holed up in the bathtub with my cats and a flashlight for a half hour or so. The electricity had gone out so it was super dark and I couldn't hear anything because I was in the most interior room of my home with the door closed.

I was sitting there the whole time thinking, "mother nature sucks."

How can something give us beauty such as this...

 Edmond, OK - Source

And then in an instant rip it away so that you're left with this?


NW of Longdale, OK - Source

Stillwater, OK - Source

St. John's Regional Medical Center, Joplin MO - Source


It's mind numbing. You think because you have this nice home that you're safe, but really it's all just an illusion.

I, for one, cannot wait for this tornado season to be over, but there's always something else for Mother Nature to gift us with so I hope everyone watches the skies and heeds the weather man's advice even if they do get a little bit worked up now and then.

Stay safe and hug the ones you love today!




2 comments:

  1. I agree. I live in the Joplin area, but wasn't affected by the tornado personally, and yet last night when those storms headed our way again and they said 90% chance of Sunday repeating itself I was scared so bad I was shaking. I'm ready for Tornado season to be over and done with too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are safe! It's so hard to see the crazy and never ending weather reports this year!

    ReplyDelete